Wednesday, July 11, 2012

『Malaysia』 Sakura Popiah - Popiah

Wallace's Recommendation: Sakura Popiah
I loooooove Popiah!!!
I used to buy Popiah from Malay hawker in my hometown night market until i thought this is kind of Malay food
In fact, Popiah is originated from Hokkien / Teochew people

When I came to work in KL, I always look for tasty & crispy Popiah
Way back to year 2010, I remembered my colleague bought me『Sakura Popiah』 from Jalan Tiong Nam morning market
Oh gosh~ I fall in loooove with that Popiah in that seconds, this is what I am looking for in KL!!!
Since that day onwards,『Sakura Popiah』 is my weekly Wednesday breakfast, haha~
See, the Popiah are all freshly made on the spot once you had placed your order, serve it hot mah~ :P
Since the order volume from customer is crazy, the lady boss normally will prepare 8 to 10 Popiah each round
The assistant will in charge of take away and cashier :D

Firstly, spread the home made sweet sauce on the Popiah skin (yeah, the wrapper! :P)
Follow by some cucumber slices, minced tofu, yam bean fillings and the crispy + crunchy fried thing!!
Well, you can advise her to add sweet / chilli sauce if you prefer heavy flavour 
 Oh yeah~ My breakfast is ready~
Mmm... Looks nice and taste nice!!
With about RM2, you can get such a fully stuffed delicious Popiah!!
I am full with great satidfaction with this 2 rolls of『Sakura Popiah』=)
 Okay, let me try first! Hungry~
Can you see the fillings? Tsk tsk tsk...

Sakura Popiah Stall
Address: Morning Market, Jalan Tiong Nam, 50350, Kuala Lumpur.
Business Hour: 7.30am-10.00am  (open on Wednesday only)  
Contact: 016-360 1301 (Kelly)

Tips:
1. Remember this Popiah hawker stall is located in Jalan Tiong Nam morning market every Wednesday!!!
2. If you prefer spicy, please ask Kelly to add more chilli sauce
3. If you prefer heavy flavour, please ask Kelly to add more sweet sauce and chilli sauce :D
4. Never underestimate the crowd, please make a call to reserve in case you are in hurry to work ya


View Larger Map

3 comments:

  1. i saw this lady boss selling this sakura popiah in Cheras's Yulik pasar malam too (every Thursday evening)

    ReplyDelete
  2. last time i use to buy this kind of popiah from pasar, from last time RM 1 to now RM 2..nowadays i try to make this at home, buy the popiah skin nearby and cook my own ingredients, hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I've never tried the popiah from this place before. Looks tempting! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin